Lava tube & vineyards of “Verdelho”
Walk in vineyards and visit the volcanic cave Gruta das Torres
- Departure at 2.00pm from ESPACO TALASSA (in a small bus).
- Kick off with a short movie about Pico Island and a visit of the cave (entrance fee is included).
- Followed by an hour long walk between the black lava walls on the edge of the sea, and the vineyards (classified as world heritage by UNESCO) that can also be admired during the visit of an authentic Dutch Mill.
- Pico wine and cheese tasting provided at the vineyard (adega).
- Return to Lajes do Pico around 7.00pm.
This discovery walk is opened to all and accessible for wheelchairs except for the cave visit.