Birds of Pico
Bird watching from the seaside to the mountain natural habitats…
- Departure at 7h30 am from Espaço Talassa base
- Birding in “fajã lávica” of Lajes do Pico (geopark) where can be seen many Common Tern, the rare Roseate Tern, Plovers and also bigger birds like the Great Heron and the beautiful Little Egret. In a lucky day can appear the peculiar and rare Green Heron and small Sandpipers.
- Birding in natural reserve of Caveiro (Pico altiplano, lakes and laurisilva forest). This diversity of habitats included endemic ones offers good conditions to observe several Azorean subspecies like the Atlantic Canary, the Chaffinch and the very small Goldcrest. In the lakes can often be seen american species like the Amercian Wigeon and the Ring-necked Duck.
- Maximum 8 birders, guiding in Portuguese,(*single supl.)
- English & French
- Tranport, binoculars & spotting scopes are included
|1 to 4 persons||5 to 8 persons||> 8 persons|
|Birds of Pico||€45||€35||On demand|